Monday 8 July 2013

Edible gardens visit

A huge thanks to Caleb (our blogger), Tayla and Java (our photographer) who came to visit us today to talk about the edible gardens. We learned about how they prepared the soil for planting, planted out beans and garlic, and laid out stakes and pea straw to help the new seeds and seedlings to grow. We saw the tyres where the seed potatoes will grow, and we learned that Caleb planted a secret potato SOMEWHERE in the garden! Shhhhhh...

We also learned about looking after the garden. Here are some of our thoughts about the visit

Mia "I like the potato plant because it was funny in the tyre"

Jesse "Caleb planted the potato"

Saskia "I liked it when Caleb planted the potato"

Abby "I like tree planting"

Jayden "I want a potato"

Lucia "I love gardening because it is fun"

Hunter "Gardening is fun because my favourite colour is green"

Mikaela "I like the garden because it was pretty"

Sofie "I can't wait to eat the beans"

Keziah "I can't wait until the beans have grown"

Paytn "Caleb helped us learn"

Maya "I can not wait until I can eat the beans"

Tayla "I like to plant garlic to put on bread"

Cade "I planted some flowers and they got dead"

Jade "I like the chicken bones and a dog likes vegetables"

Joseph "I like Caleb's secret potato"

Leon "I like the potato plant"

Daniella "I grew a vegetable it was good"

Evonne "I like the potato that Caleb grew"

Matthew "I like when Caleb planted the potato"













No comments:

Post a Comment